The team develops a curriculum framework by selecting key components of research-informed instructional practices, literacy assessments, curriculum materials, and any supplemental resources that make literacy accessible for all students. The team also assesses current and/or new instructional materials using a rubric to provide detailed information about the extent to which a resource aligns to the district’s vision and Michigan ELA standards.
Supports currently available through the Wayne RESA Literacy Team:
Suggestions for doing this work remotely:
- Create a tentative timeline for the work
- Use an LMS, such as Google Classroom or Moodle, to house resources (i.e., documents, presentations, articles) and facilitate whole group discussions
- Set firm deadlines for responses
- Use a virtual conferencing platform (i.e., Zoom or Google Meet) to review plans and/or achieve consensus
- Invite a Wayne RESA Literacy Consultant into all platforms for support