The ELA curriculum team routinely revisits and revises the vision of literacy and the ELA curriculum framework based on reflective feedback from stakeholders, district-wide assessment data, and current research-informed practices in literacy instruction. Follow-up professional learning and collaborative time are provided to all stakeholders to engage in a continuous cycle of improvement.
Supports currently available through the Wayne RESA Literacy Team:
Suggestions for doing this work remotely:
- Create a tentative timeline for the work
- Use an LMS, such as Google Classroom or Moodle, to house resources (i.e., documents, presentations, articles) and facilitate whole group discussions
- Set firm deadlines for responses
- Use a virtual conferencing platform (i.e., Zoom or Google Meet) to review plans and/or achieve consensus
- Invite a Wayne RESA Literacy Consultant into all platforms for support